For their exceptional talent and proficiency in media and communication, student-journalists from the Student Publications Unit secured 22 winning entries in this year’s 10th Philippine Student Quill Awards—which qualified the College for a nomination for School of the Year again.
The list of awardees was officially announced on the IABC Philippines Facebook page on Jan. 15. Benilde is competing for the said award versus the University of Santo Tomas, Colegio de San Juan de Letran, and the Philippine High School for the Arts. The school with the most number of Awards of Excellence shall be named School of the Year.
The face-to-face awarding ceremony will take place on Jan. 23 at the Marriott Grand Ballroom in Pasay City. The highly sought-after School of the Year award, alongside the Top Awards of each category, will be announced and presented at the awarding ceremony.
Below are the winning entries of each category, accompanied by the names of their designated representatives:
Marketing, Advertising and Brand Communication
- Horizons: Apophenia Submissions Campaign - Danielle Sabine Lim
Special and Experiential Events
- AD ASTRA 2023: The Yearbook Launch - Andre Ellard T. Cesar
- Pride 2022 - Anne Carmina Valmeo
- Pinoy Christmas (Dec. 25, 2022) - John Raphael Cadungog
- TB23 Print Ad: (Pre Elections) - Kaila Lorainne Rolando
- NCAA 98 Finals: CSB vs CSJL Photo Album - Cielo Azana
- Happy T: Tee in Certified DACs - Keisha Margarette R. Jason
- Portraits of Deviation - Joshua M. Gayuma
- The Benildean: Redacted - Dylan Kirsten Melencion
- Horizons: Apophenia - Danielle Sabine Lim
- Shades of Gray: Tales of the City - Gabriel Francisco Gatuslao
- Woes of the silenced - Hannah Regina Dayan
- Behind the curtains of par asocial relationships - Wallace Roland Beltran
- Get to know the creative processes and experiences of these six local illustrators - Renee Isabella Aguila
- The Metaverse is here: Virtual reality's leap toward connecting worlds - Anna Marie Laganzon
- “Reyalidad ng muling paggamit ng baybayin sa kasalukuyang panahon" - Stefani Tacugue
- Your pronouns matter: Importance of using proper pronouns - Beatrice Monique Mendoza
- #BisexualAwarenessWeek: The many realities of bisexuality - Renee Isabella Aguila
- Out of the Reverie - Kian Jasper S. Quintana
- #WSPD: Three apps to help those in need - Frances Jade Clarito
- Of pandemics and new normals: How have Benildean scholars coped? - Gabriel Francisco Gatuslao
- Reading beyond the lines: An analysis of Duterte's rhetoric - Rachelle Anne Tonelada
According to IABC PH, this year’s Quill Awards received more than 800 entries from various schools and organizations nationwide, the highest amount the award giving body has ever received in its history.
The Philippine Quill Awards is an annual awards program that honors exemplary business communication research, programs, and creative work.