With the theme “Unheard but not Silenced: The Role of Women in Society Building,” the annual #WeCan advocacy week, spearheaded by the Student Trainers (STRAINS) under the Center for Student Life-Student Involvement Unit (CSL-SIU), will shed light on the role and importance of Filipino women who are underrepresented in different fields. The three-day event will be held from May 27 to 29 via Zoom Meet Rooms and Facebook Live.
To further foster an environment of inclusivity, creativity, and innovation within the College, Benilde’s Student Trainers will be launching #WeCan 2021: Pagpupugay sa Katayuan ng Kababaihan sa Lipunan.
For this year’s #WeCan, the event aims to create a Benildean community that upholds the rights of Filipino women. Furthermore, it also aims to start discussions about gender inequality and other current societal issues, encouraging students to become socially aware and responsible.
The schedule for the week-long #WeCan can be seen below:
- #WeCanEnlighten: Lathala Para sa Lakambini
- An e-magazine with the theme “The struggles and triumphs of women” will be launched on May 27 via Student Trainers’ Facebook page. The e-magazine will feature artwork from both Benildeans and non-Benildeans
- #WeCanEngage: Hangarin ng Binibini
- A roundtable discussion on May 28 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. via Facebook live and Zoom.
- Registration is open until May 20.
- #WeCanEmpower: Pamanang Peminista
- An online culminating performance set of various students and artists that will livestream via Student Trainers’ Facebook page on May 29. The event will include a variety of performances of shadow play, song, dance, and spoken word poetry that express appreciation for women.
For more information or inquiries, visit Student Trainers’ Official Facebook Page.